Born in 1987 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Dylan (or as he signs his works, Rust This World) creates work that is an amalgamation of influences and themes that have stuck with him from his childhood. Having grown up in New Mexico, there is a heavy southwestern folk art influence to many of his settings and characters. As a child in America, he also grew up with Saturday morning cartoons and Disney movies and has incorporated many of those elements, like bright colors, exaggerated proportions, and thick lines, in his work as well.
Dylan’s purpose with his work is to tell stories. His characters are human, yet animalistic; beautiful, yet unnerving. Every piece is linked to each other, taking place in same universe. Each image is like a film still from an animated movie that doesn't exist, with the narrative and story growing and expanding with each new piece.
2005-2009 College of Santa Fe, Bachelor of the Arts
- Upcoming Show, Jean Cocteau Cinema, Santa Fe, NM, USA. January 2016.
- Go For Baroque. David Richard Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, USA. April 2016.
- The House of Eternal Return. Meow Wolf, Santa Fe, NM, USA. March 2016
- The Contemporary Figure in Painting. Matrix Fine Art, Albuquerque, NM, USA. March 2016.
- Happy Birthday Meow Wolf. David Richard Gallery, Santa Fe, NM, USA. February 2016
- Grand Opening Reception. Knead Full Things, Albuquerque, NM, USA. December 2015
- Super Troopers. Suburban Vinyl, Waldwick, NJ, USA. December 2015.
- Conjunction (astronomy). Ghost, Santa Fe, NM, USA. November 2015.
- Santa Fean Magazine, pg 48, Volume 44 Number 3, June/July 2016
- THE Magazine, pg 37, Volume XXIV Number VIII, April 2016
- Pasatiempo, pg 32, March 25 2016
- KNACK, Issue 29, pg 9-19, October 2015